Contribute to Data School
We are actively working on this chapter. We are looking for two types of contributions:
- Help writing this chapter
- Share your story about working through this problem at work
Please reach out to @Matt David on our slack to discuss what you want to contribute.
Metric vs Metrics In Progress Overview
We work with hundreds of companies who are trying to get valuable insights out of their data. We see companies using single metrics to measure success and those that use a suite of metrics to understand success.
We want to show how single metrics can be misleading for a business. Do they really capture what you are trying to measure? Then we want to cover how to combine metrics to work with each other. Lastly we want to walk through interpreting a dashboard that has multiple metrics.
Outline + Learning Objectives
The problem with a single metric
- Describe why a single metric can be misleading
Create multiple metrics
- Create a dashboard to view multiple metrics at once
Interpret multiple metrics
- Analyze a dashboard containing multiple metrics for a nuanced view of the data