How to Contribute to The Data School
Welcome to the Data School. We are building a thriving community of contributors, reviewers and readers. Help contribute to the site!
While at The Data School let us know if you find any of the following:
- Areas that you want more info on
- Any mistakes or errors
- Topics you want to contribute to
Comment on our Google Docs
There are links to the Google Doc version of each chapter at the bottom of the page:
Reach out on Slack
We have channels for each of these in our Slack:
If you want to contribute more substantially to a book or help write our next one please reach out to me (@MattDavid) in The Data School’s Slack.
Make a Pull Request
Our whole site is public and open to contributors. Feel free to make a pull request: https://github.com/chartio/dataschool
Code of Conduct
This is a collaborative project to create the best resource for creating data driven organizations.
So by definition this means that we need to be open and helpful to everyone here to accomplish our goal. This is what we expect of everyone. If there is any behavior here you find in conflict with that please reach out to me directly.
15 Chapters need Contribution
- Democratized or Centralized - choosing your workflow (In progress)
- How to Explore Data (In progress)
- Syntax Conventions (In progress)
- Third Normal Form (In progress)
- Drop all tables Postgres (In progress)
- Find Duplicates (In progress)
- Hierarchical data in SQL (In progress)
- IF in the SELECT (In progress)
- Insert multiple rows (In progress)
- List the tables in SQLite opened with ATTACH (In progress)
- Show Tables in Postgres (In progress)
- SQL Cheat Sheet (In progress)
- UPDATE with JOIN in SQL (In progress)
- Comparing to Historical Averages (In progress)
- Metric vs Metrics (In progress)