Contribute to Data School
We are actively working on this chapter. We are looking for two types of contributions:
- Help writing this chapter
- Share your story about working through this problem at work
Please reach out to @Matt David on our slack to discuss what you want to contribute.
How to Explore Data In Progress Overview
Having a lot of data in your database is great, knowing how to get value out of it can be challenging. The first step is to explore what data you have. We want to show how to get oriented to a dataset and then how to explore it systematically. Show how to use SQL and simple visualizations to start finding insights in the data.
Outline + Learning Objectives
Getting Context for the Data
- Describe what methods you can use to understand where the data came from and what it is being used to do
- Create visualizations and summary statistics to explore single columns of data
- Create visualizations and summary statistics to explore multiple columns of data